I first learned about this program through my friend Alayna, another student I met through the Dresden Study Abroad Program. We have become great friends over the past 3 years and when she heard about the program, she knew how perfect of a fit this would be for me. Alayna was going to attend BGSU/Universität Salzburg with me, but was offered to be a Fulbright Scholar instead. We will be traveling together before and during our trips and will only be a couple of hours apart. We will be going to London-Vienna-Munich-Saalfelden together and hopefully Germany and Poland for Christmas! It's one thing to have someone I know to be close, but to have a best friend to experience everything with is beyond exciting!
Background:
When Alayna first told me about this "great program" at BG, I was pretty unamused. Being from the area and not hearing about it made me skeptical, and so did not even thinking about Grad School. Back in January, I went through a post graduation phase of not knowing what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I was also going through other personal issues, so I decided to move back home and spend a month trying to figure out what my next steps in life would be. After some hard core reflection, online job searching, and a bunch of days crying that I just graduated with two degrees and no job, I finally realized what those next steps would be. Naturally, I decided to look into the BG program about 2 weeks before the deadline for scholarships. I remember Dr. Guenther (one of the program directors) telling me that my tenacity was one of the reasons why I would be accepted into the program. I was so happy to finally be moving on in life, and doing something for me without anyone or anything holding me back. Everything happens for a reason and I don't think I could have made this decision without feeling like I had hit rock bottom.
Background:
When Alayna first told me about this "great program" at BG, I was pretty unamused. Being from the area and not hearing about it made me skeptical, and so did not even thinking about Grad School. Back in January, I went through a post graduation phase of not knowing what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I was also going through other personal issues, so I decided to move back home and spend a month trying to figure out what my next steps in life would be. After some hard core reflection, online job searching, and a bunch of days crying that I just graduated with two degrees and no job, I finally realized what those next steps would be. Naturally, I decided to look into the BG program about 2 weeks before the deadline for scholarships. I remember Dr. Guenther (one of the program directors) telling me that my tenacity was one of the reasons why I would be accepted into the program. I was so happy to finally be moving on in life, and doing something for me without anyone or anything holding me back. Everything happens for a reason and I don't think I could have made this decision without feeling like I had hit rock bottom.
No comments:
Post a Comment